Saturday, September 24, 2022

What I Was





"What I Was" There was a silence that followed me as a shape, it lingered around on the edges of most sounds creating a ghostly figure and outline of some invisible being, feeling it only through the muffling it created of the world's tones. That was yester year however, and it has been some time since I felt your silence. Then I question, what is this I feel; this presence that exists. It lingers at the edges of every room. Follows when I move. I don't know what this is but I do think I know, it is not you. I would have gone most my days without ever noticing it but today, I felt a difference in this presence. Something malevolent in its intentions. Then I felt you again just for an instant, but only as a muffled feeling. Like you had been consumed by this thing. I fear it watches me, waiting for a moment to slide its shadowy presence into my being so that I may carry it until the day I die. As it feeds on me like a parasite and I become a hollow husk of what I was. Perhaps, it is why my dreams have recently been plagued by my memories of you. You reach out to me with your energy but only for it to transform me into you. I realize now, you have been feeding on me for some time. I have no more of me to fight you off. I am just eyes looking through a window as I watch the world pass by. Seeing my life from a distance back behind the glass lenses of my eyes alone inside a dark room. I feel your presence now in the absence of me. I see you now clearer than before when you take us before a mirror. I feel you now more than I feel me. I feel you now more than every other thing.

0 comments: