Monday, September 19, 2022

Shadow People

"Shadow People" My eyes roll forward from sleep as the skin that lay overtop pulls back revealing the room to me, but doing so doesn't wake my body from the cavernous black in which I was sleeping; I can move Nothing on my anatomy, as I push for the strength to budge even an inch, I'm just a disembodied consciousness at this point filling quickly with terror. My eyes continue to dart around the corners of the room, And then I see it, there in the corner, motionless, just staring from behind a featureless black face, A body of darkness pulled directly from the void, My whole being helpless and in complete paralysis, even the smallest parts of me cannot move, only my eyes as I watch this thing watch me from the corner. I can feel the screams building inside my throat, but they cannot escape, it's just turbulent air pushing against my windpipe, It doesn't care, it just stands there, staring, watching, a terrifying essence emanating from it, My existence begins to feel the pull, to the edges of the void, as my mind continues to tumble toward it, overwhelming panic and terror engulfs my every inch of consciousness, I cannot even think outside of the complete terror as I watch more of them come in, as I watch these shadow people glimpse into me.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: