Monday, September 19, 2022

In This Moment

"In This Moment" It is perhaps this dark and dreary night that I'm sitting here again reaching this whiskey's end. I erase my mind of you every time I take another drink. I don't want to feel you anymore. I don't want to have to think. I want to feel another night without the presence of your memory. I want to be able to dream without you finding me. To navigate through the frothy clouds to some emerald gate. To find my way through the shimmering points of pale light scattered across the night sky. To fly among them and touch them like fingers to a flowing river. To crash through one moment to find another on the other side without ever fearing your memory will find me. Somewhere among the textures of time and memory I sit waiting existing already with you as only something I left behind. However, I'm still here with the earliest memories of it and only the empty sensation of what feels real from it all left just for me in this moment.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: