Monday, September 19, 2022

Secrets

"Secrets" There are so many internal battles being fought in private, ...just below the surface. Struggles no one will ever see. Emotions guarded behind an impenetrable fortress. Internal dialogues no one will ever hear. Only the hints and whispers of thoughts and fears. Only the very tips of mountainous icebergs will be seen. Nothing fully formed. Only the impression of someone's existence. And somehow those things are supposed to be accurate representations of how we feel. Somehow, my mistakes are supposed to be my identity. Somehow, the little that I show is who I am; truly. Even though, everything beneath the surface is more me than anything this reality can represent. I do find some comfort however in knowing that these strangers will never truly know me. In the end, secrets define us whether by revealing them or keeping them hidden.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: