Monday, September 19, 2022

A Figment of My Imagination

"A Figment of My Imagination" I'm not fighting against your memory, I'm fighting against the notion that perhaps you were right about me, The pain has long since subsided but I look in the mirror sometimes and everything behind me fades to a ghostly blur where figments play out as echoes of my regrets, They overlay themselves on things that were real and I begin to believe that perhaps maybe, those awful things you said about me were perhaps true. You, the person have long since left but the figment of your presence is still felt, tempting me to believe what it says is real, It has become an ugly, terrifying amalgamation of self-doubt, regret and fear, Its horrifying face watches me from the corner hoping I catch a glimpse of it so that it may weave another tale of my past to torture me with. I don't even really remember you anymore, all I see is this echo of you, this figment of my imagination.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: