Monday, September 19, 2022

There Was A Time

"There was a Time" I look down and the ground disappears, everything becomes a blur of color and sound, purely on the periphery of where my mind can exist, It is here where I usually see you again, as a thought, an essence, a boundless idea floating among the nostalgic waves of memory. I walk among the swaying trees, as the sting of the heat softens and the cool hues of every shade of blue and violet have spread up and over the horizon. The rhythmic pull of the ocean pushes the glittering embers of light of yellow and white over and back across the surface of the water toward the shores and back into the sea disappearing again in a flicker against the sandy rocks. There was a time where I could see none of this, A time where your echoes would be the only thing, but now the ground fades to blur and I find the softness of a cool summer breeze brings me a smile.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: