Saturday, September 24, 2022

Just Then





"Just Then" I've existed for too long, emerging from silence only to find the words I knew are all gone. I don't recognize the face I see in this mirror, there's a lifelessness to its appearance, a strangeness I'm not familiar, like another person looking back at me. Existential doubt seems to linger on the fringes of my every thought now. Am I not the person That I thought I was? Or am I just the reflection looking out to the world mimicking the words for the sounds they make. But just then, my reflection seems to have moved before I do... Just then... That thought... Terrifies. Perhaps the time I spent in silence, I began to dissolve to be lost into obscurity and forgotten. Maybe they all lost the thought of me. Perhaps I no longer exist. But there's fear in my bones, a dread That if I open my door, there will be nothing, only the empty feelings of all my actions, only the reflection of my life that already happened. And Just then, I feel my reflection move again, before I do, before I gave it its will and way. Just then, it moves without me. As if no control existed in my being. I see My head turn to the door before I do. BUT What if the world IS still there? What if all the blank stares STILL exist? I begin to feel my hand reach out to the knob without me doing so. Existential dread builds in my every bone. I hope the world is not, I hope its all not there, Just then... My reflection takes one last look at me before smiling, And Finally reaching and opening the door.

0 comments: