Monday, September 19, 2022

Just For Us

"Just For Us" There's something safe inside nostalgia, Something we all remember being, A stretch of time where we still felt the whole of our lives could still be filled with what we wanted to be. Time has a way of being full of possibilities and empty of them at the same time. Back when I was a kid something I realize now is that everyday were full of if's and when's and then's, And now so many painful what if's ; So full of happy memories and what could have been's, I remember when mornings on the weekends --first thing would be, I would lift the cordless phone because my mom loved them, and dialing from memory all my friends to try and make plans for the day. Nothing mattered as long as we each said we could hang. Lazy sundays with my sister waiting for my dad to start the barbeque. Oh yes, there is something safe inside nostalgia and the reasons why I still love going to the movie theater, Or enjoying a backyard barbeque with my friends, Grabbing snacks and watching the same shitty horror movie again and again, Listening to the same songs over and over until the last second just to repeat it again on a sony walkman. There are moments in time we all have where we find what feels safe enough to open up to nostalgia and we become us again, --if only just for us.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: