Monday, September 19, 2022

Only A Distance Away

"Only A Distance Away" I can't keep up, my legs won't let me keep chasing; My lungs burn as I breath in gulps of air screaming to the sky with clenched fists and the pain of your memory in my eyes, I stop and stand there now, under these ominous gray clouds looking up watching as the storm gathers above teasing me to give up, The pain and hurt have become too much and my knees buckle to the ground as the burn in my throat pushes up gasps of tears asking the heavens, why? I look for you there in those clouds, still chasing the sky, running after you somewhere in those floating cotton shapes, But I can't anymore, these are the last slobbering gasps of agony I can let you have, the very tissue of my muscles have torn away from my legs, the very air I breath hurts me, I can't anymore. I lay here now, tattered and tired eyes upward toward those ominous gray clouds looking for your face; but only find it a distance away.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: