Monday, September 19, 2022

I'm Tired

"I'm Tired" I feel it at the edges of my being, that extra exhausted feeling, the weariness in my knees, the tired tug and pull of my joints, the sandy grind in my bones, It seeps in from the outer edges and saturates everything about me. I tend to forget to give tenderness to my fingers and elbows, and they become upset with me, and begin to hurt, I rub them firm, massage the ache lingering in the tissue, moving the muscles with my thumbs as the pain releases its hold if only for a second. I reach for some lotion and stretch out the tightness in my muscled knots, my eyes feel the salty burn of day as I rub the sting to the sides of my eyes, I try to find relief in bed but only make it to the couch and collapse to sleep, The wear of the day has caught up to me and nothing else matters. I'm tired and my body has let me know it needs to recover but only for it to still feel tired in the morning.

-Armando Torres

0 comments: