Monday, September 19, 2022

Early Fucking Mornings

"Early Fucking Mornings"
I sit in the quiet darkness of morning; just reminiscing. The birds have begun to sing their songs, chirping their lyrics from the power lines. The dark blues above start to give way to the warm hues of sunrise. So many moments begin to swell behind my weary eyes as I drink my coffee this morning while remembering faded glimpses of my youth. Time has washed away everything of worth and has left the wreckage of a life held together barely by only memories. So many regrets, so many thoughts both happy and wretched. It's too much in the morning some days, too much to look in the mirror at my face and see my hollowed out eyes surrounded by circles of dark shades in grey skin tones. Too much to feel every ache and pain of memory in my bones. Too much to feel every ragged and worn out pull of my joints, Too much to hear every echo of thought from years gone, So I grab the bottle of vodka and serve a glass over ice, It's only half passed nine and already I can't handle life.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: