Wednesday, October 19, 2022

You're Not Alone



"You're Not Alone" The candle flickers from across the room. The shadows it casts dance over one another as the coolness of the night settles in and that's when you begin to feel it, Even though there seems to be nothing but a lonely dark room. Lifeless of anything or any kind of movement. Just the dark reminders that creep up and over your eyes leaving the bloodshot stains of memory and pain hanging like dark bags. It's here where I see you, its here creeping up and over your shoulders from behind with my eyes that I peer into what you show without you knowing. You sit there alone because you think I'm not there but regardless of what you believe I can still see you; as I hover over your shoulders. I see you and what you do. I see your secrets kept from people, kept from everyone and everything. So don't ever forget that when alone feels just enough where you think no one knows, I do. I know. Because I can always see you. I find your hollow existence among the existential fabrics of depravity and watch you. I feel the grooves of your emptiness and glide my fingers over reality until I touch the ends of who you are. Sensing the very tips of your sanity. Just know, you are somewhere even if alone feels so alone. Don't. Because I know. I always know.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: