Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Another Face




"Another Face"
I can't heal the hurt that I have
and it's corrosive.
   Rotting me from the inside
and growing to the healthy parts of me.

I feel it at the edges.
   Stretching around the fringes of my face,
tainting my viens, 
ripping me with pain
from tissue to bone 
   and doing it all 
   in secrecy 
as I try to smile 
to hide the hurt 
this pain has wrought.

I'm a facade.

A barely passable 
version of a human.

Just
   a writhing
   mass 
      of flesh and bone 
      with pain 
      boiling just underneath.
Just so I can exist
as just another face.

Contorting and stretching 
my skin 
so I can pass the day 
without having 
to answer 
the questions.
   Without having 
   to show 
      that I have run out of patience.

All the movements and charades
   Just so no one 
   can know 
   that I can't heal the hurt that I have endured.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: