Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Just a Minute





"Just a Minute" It's never just a minute, is it? Here I am again waiting, drinking this beer alone below the dark glow of this bar room. I don't know why I keep doing this. This minute of yours has become an hour and your texts have stopped coming in. A simple reply that you forgot or that you couldn't tonight would suffice. But being left here alone looking around watching others have their laughs and convos while hoping you wanted to see me is worse than just drinking alone hoping for a conversation to appear beside me. Feels strange telling the same stories I used to share with you but to new faces. Some times they change into you and old feelings begin to burn through my veins again. That's when I usually leave, telling them it'll be just a minute But I don't come back. Alas, here I am still waiting for you to arrive soon even though I know you won't. As soon as you said it would be just a minute I knew already, But I'll have one more drink and maybe, just maybe, you'll finally be here and see me.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: