Tuesday, May 24, 2022

The Demon in Me







"The Demon in Me" Can I keep it secret? Can I keep it hidden? Keep it on the fringes of my life... I forget to remind myself of the temptations that linger on the edges of depression, I walk around with my head hung down hoping I won't catch a glimpse of the demon that follows me in every reflection smiling its fiendish grin; waiting to be seen. I tell myself I don't want it, it's the lie I force myself to believe until I realize I can't find some deep sense of meaning, So I'd rather distract myself with iniquitous pleasures. Rather salivate on my sweet taste of melancholy, and relish my regret drenched insomnia, I'd rather lick the flavor than feel the pain. I remind myself of the temptations and the demons that lurk just beyond, right at the limits of my perception, I let myself be taken. It synchs its existence with my own and stands inside me smiling, with its eyes right behind mine. My hedonistic sins are where I find meaning. I want to feel everything and be within my lustful lies and feel you from the inside. This demon calls for nothing less. I remind myself of the temptations just to forget again. But if you look close enough in my eyes, you'll see where I end and the demon begins.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: