Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A Splay of Affection







"A Splay of Affection" A thick syrupy darkness fills my room leaving me able to glance into the void, to relive certain memories, it's a rare deep shade of gloom that allows my madness of a broken person to flicker with just enough life to know it's real, it's in my nature to carry the residue of moments of anguish, to let it define a portion of my life, whether by choice or by its damage. I always see the same door though, I blink and it appears right in the middle of the room. An innocuous looking door on its own but I can still hear the muffled moans and the soft movements of naked skin coming from within the other side. I wouldn't change a thing about what happened, it put me on a path I see necessary now. There isn't much left from that moment, just the occasional stabbing pain of anger and hatred, Nothing much more but a splay of affection.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: