Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Staring at Me




"Staring at Me"
The night air chills my cheeks
as I pull a cigarette from a pack
I keep in my 
inside coat pocket.
I need to quit 
but tonight 
it's like a ritual
and this is my prophet.

The city is silent
and the streets 
are cold with moisture
so I need to suck in
my nicotine
before I join her.

I pull up my collar
as I walk the frigid night again,
     And think to myself that last time
     was going to be the end,
     that it wasn't going to happen again,
but here I am walking 
these streets one more time
along the same route
I've done 
     dozens of times before.

She calls and I come.

My body craves it
and I can't quit it.

The sex is too good.

But I know what this is,
If I have only one purpose
in this existence,
     it's not this
But I'll be damned
if I don't sell my soul
Every chance I get.

I fucking love it.

She melts through my flesh
and finds my essence
in its more basic forms,

My body is my Own
but she can command it
when I hand over control.

Knows everything about me
in its carnal shapes.

But beyond
the tangled mess
of flesh and sweat
she knows nothing about me.

I take it as a compliment
that she craves me as well,
but
I just know
I can't do this again,
it has to end,
but tonight I'll give in.

I suck in a final puff
from my cig
before throwing it on the ground
and stepping on it,
She's laying on the bed
staring at me
when I finally walk in.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: