Monday, May 16, 2022

Mending







"Mending" I've gone through most of my life trying to find value in myself through other people's filters, trying to be the solution in other people's riddles, The world just feels easier when I can look in the mirror with no tears and accept myself. There's parts of me I hate so much, parts I used to love, parts I thought defined me but ended up just weapons I used against myself. My ego won't be stripped away so easily, it'll claw and scrape and rip, roaring with angry survivalist's instincts, Scared beyond insecurity and surviving in my self destruction. I have to face the fact that I'm sorry to myself, for letting me believe all the wrong in me was what defined me. I need to find the sincere feeling so that when I say it in the mirror it means I won't ever do it again. I'm sorry.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: