Tuesday, February 1, 2022

In This Moment






"In This Moment"
It is perhaps
     this dark and dreary night
that I'm sitting here again
reaching this whiskey's end.

I erase my mind
of you 
every time
     I take another drink.
I don't want to feel you anymore.
     I don't want to have to think.

I want to feel another night
     without the presence of your memory.
I want  to be able to dream
     without you finding me.

To navigate through the frothy clouds
to some emerald gate.
To find my way 
     through the shimmering points of pale light
     scattered across the night sky.
To fly among them
and touch them
     like fingers to a flowing river.
To crash through one moment
to find another on the other side
     without ever fearing your memory
will find me.

Somewhere among
the textures of time and memory
I sit waiting
existing already
with you as only something
I left behind.

However,
I'm still here
with the earliest memories of it
and only the empty sensation
of what feels real from it
all left just for me
     in this moment.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: