Wednesday, December 15, 2021

I Will Not Allow Them...






"I Will Not Allow Them..."
I lie about my dreams,
about what I actually see,
What I tell you
is not what is true,

There are things about me
that have deformed me underneath,
Things that have broken me,
     gnarled and chewed on me,
left me in pieces
to be bandaged and stitched
back together,

I will never be
a natural fit forever,

Parts of me are ugly
     and others misshapen,
Pieces put back in the wrong place
     forming the wrong shapes,

I'm not a natural fit for anything,
Nature has abandoned me
leaving me with this reflection
     of deformed wounds,

I would not want you to know the truth,
That is why I lie about my dreams to you,

I would rather have you believe
that I am your pure reflection
of love,
Instead
of this horrid, gnarled, deformed
imperfection of me,

Whatever I would have been
was spent
long before now,
No one will ever know me in the end
because I will not allow them.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: