Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Memories Again







"Memories Again"
I blocked you out
for so long
I forgot how you felt
in my memories,
I forgot about those years you affected me,
I even forgot what you looked like,
I, however,
Did not Realize
I also blocked out parts of myself
in the process,

In trying to rebuild and rediscover
myself 
I found parts I still had
about my past
that are detrimental
to who I am
and your memory
was still there,
You came flooding back.

Time seems to be an illusion
in moments like that,
The space between then and now
feels as real as
Holding emotion
in my hand.
There's no difference
in between
the sliver of touch
and what my heart
tells me is real.

I'm a slave
to something my soul
has determined
to be profound to me
even if I Don't Agree.

The only way I will find
who I am again,
and become who I will be
is by finding
these memories again,
as painful as they may be.
-Armando Torres


0 comments: