Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Only Nothing v2.



"Only Nothing"
I woke up to the warmth of sun
beaming on my face and
As the darkness of sleep slowly
dissolved away from my eyes
for the early morning light,
I unintentionally broke my necklace
from around my neck,
a precious heirloom, a gift,
a connection to my past
that I broke,

And for a few fleeting moments
I waited for the meaning of this
To dawn upon me
     like a fierce breath of fresh air.
But instead
Only the echoed silence
     of the ringing in my ears lingered,
Only the dim glow
     of the morning seemed to be watching,
I found nothing in that moment
that said to me it was of significance,
Nothing in the cosmos noticed,
No omniscient force took attention,
Nothing in existence looked except for me,

It was me that made this moment exist,
It was me that made it so,
It was I and not fate,
It was my face that watched and not God,
I saw and therefore it was and
     for a brief moment found what I was looking for
Only for it to fold into infinity and
Exist as an instant of
Only Nothing.

0 comments: