Saturday, July 18, 2020

Lost and Never Found... v2.



"Lost and Never Found..."
I searched for something
to hold on to,
Grabbing wildly and finding nothing,

I searched for the separating line
from where the day ends and the night begins,

I searched for the air to breath
as I felt my life drip out of me,
Gasping uncontrollably and breathing painfully,

I searched for the upside down mountains
as I circled around again,

I search for the strength
to keep my eyes open,
Blinking wildly and finding nothing to see,

I searched for the vertical horizon
that stretches from below and back up to the sky again,

I searched for the words
to become the last words I would ever say,
Moaning deeply and finding nothing to say,

I searched for someone
as I laid there alone,
Looking wildly and finding no one,

I searched desperately for that one person
who would watch me fade,
     And found only the last breath I would ever take,

I searched and found no one and nothing to say,
I searched and found nothing and no one...
-Armando Torres

0 comments: