Sunday, July 19, 2020

A Hint of Winter v3



"A Hint of Winter"
A cold grey lingers
at the edges
     of everywhere I look,

A hint of winter
     hangs on the air
     bringing with it
          a crisp freshness,

Closing my eyes   
I inhale sharply
     as the coolness of the wind
     courses through my lungs,
The sting of the cold
stabs me from within
as I hold it in for as long as I can endure,

Finally opening my eyes,
I see winter creeping in
     from the north,

There's a hint of memory
     on the cool air now,
Reminiscent flashes
     of a past
I once knew,
   
But never know anymore,

Only ever
     remember
just enough
     to feel the desolate pull
Of what,
     Once,
          Was,

Just hoping,
     at the mercy
     of this winter wind,
For another glimpse,
     Of a past I once knew.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: