Monday, November 29, 2021

You Were The Lie





"You Were The Lie"
You were the lie
     I allowed my heart
     to believe.

And Like an animal,
     you brutally tore it to shreds.
But like a human,
     you left the pieces there to rot.

Taking what you needed
and
Leaving the rest
like
A carcass to the vultures.

You left me vulnerable to them
     as the scavengers
     had their feast,
Picking me clean.

How could you leave me like this...
     you never even looked back
          as I reached out so desperately,
Slobbering on myself
          as I sobbed these painful tears,
     gasping for air
in between every agonizing breath,

You left,
     and
I stayed,
     feeling like only 
I cared.

I find myself now
     lonely
     in other's embraces,
          letting my body
          be used
          as I search desperately
          for the same thing we had.
Me and You.

How could you leave me so broken...
     so open to the sting of memory,
     so afraid of the lonely silence.

I barely recognize
myself now
     in the wake of this carnage.

I miss me more than I miss you.

You were
     in the end
     just another wolf
with much better ways to hide
     than I ever knew.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: