Tuesday, November 23, 2021

When it Ends






"When it Ends"
I woke up again
     thinking you were here,
But nothing remains
but these salty tears,

This was the end for real,
     never going to see you again in here,

I can however,
     still remember when
the thought of being with you
was without end

But like watching a beautiful sunset
and not wanting it to end,
We reveled in the happiness 
of the beauty of
the hues of purples and golden oranges
as they stretched 
across the sky
reflecting a glimmering splendor
over the horizon,

We wanted this moment
to last forever,
Our moment,
Our existence together,

But like a sunset
the darkness will end
the shimmering glow of the sun,
it will end the day for night

Forever leaving 
that moment
behind
to time,

Suddenly then
all this pain,
all this sorrow,
to have to feel alone
in the end,

There's nothing to do
but 
acknowledge
the darkness for the night it is
and shed my tears
in the safety
of its shroud,
so that I may see
the coming sunrise,

And perhaps
I will wake
not 
thinking you were here
but instead
watching a beautiful sunrise
as the day takes shape
before me,

And I find our memory
has taught me
and
not broken me,

That my memory
tells me to remember
that a whole life
exists
without you,

That a beautiful sunset
is yet to come again
and I can watch it
not having to fear any pain
or cry
when it ends.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: