Friday, July 30, 2021

I bore witness





"I bore witness"
There on that throne of skin and bone
I dared to look at that which I dared to see,
I bore witness and from the darkness
moaned a voice "It has come to this,"
And standing where my feet will stay
I looked upon that devil
as it turned and said to me,
bare witness to this,
And a horrifying beast marched out from the darkness
with pain and suffering in follow
forged in the fires of My misery,
And standing where my feet will stay 
I looked upon that beast
as it snarled and said to me,
bare witness to this,
And a man in hooded shadow came forth
draped in blood and intimate sorrow,
Plagued by the haunting memories of my thoughts
he rots and cries those tears of things not,
And there under that hood of blood and pain
I dared to look to which he cried to me,
bare witness to this,
And all those thoughts of mine of my life
were plagued with stains of lies
I wished were true,
And I cried those tears of things gone
forever forgetting
I bore witness to this
to exist to experience it all over again,
I looked upon that devil
broken and bare
forever forgetting 
I had caused all this.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: