Tuesday, June 16, 2020

these Demons



"these Demons"
From where do these demons speak?
I can hear their whispers
     near me,
Tainting the day,
Pouring pain
     into my moments of peace,

There's a crippling fear
that these demons are not real,
That in fact
I am perhaps
     Just this awful,
That I am
     Responsible for all these mistakes,
For All the things terrible in my life,

or Perhaps,

This evil does exist,
     And it is not me,
It's the whispers that make me weak,
     It's this silence that is a gateway
          For this evil to find a way
               In to my heart,

These regrets are not my fault,
It's these demons,
I can hear them near me,
All the time,
Pouring pain
     like thick oil into my mouth
Changing my day into a nightmare of new regrets,

These demons begin speaking and I begin listening.
It's not my fault.
-Armando Torre

0 comments: