Saturday, June 20, 2020

Droplets



"Droplets"
In the distance
the sky shows a change
from blue to gray,

the air begins to feel crisp and cool
shifting my thoughts and mood,

from far off a soft sound of tapping begins
     dropping its rhythmic touches
          upon the ground,

A fresh scent
of grass and dirt
elegantly moves through the air
     like slow moving waves
with nothing before them
               to hold them in place,

A blanket of scent
     floating through an ocean of air
          over
               the droplets
                    of rain,

A tap
     tapping on metal
          in the distance,
Droplets
     dripping
          into puddles,

A few at first,
but now
     the drips
have transformed
          into a glorious
melody
     of scattered
gentle
          pattering,

A calm gray hangs overhead
     as every which way
          I look
holds delicate vertical lines
     Of blurry beautiful
          Droplets
     falling from the sky,

I finally turn my head upward
closing my eyes
     to let fall
          the soft drops
          of rain
     upon my face.
Tasting their elegance
on my lips.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: