Thursday, June 25, 2020

Superstition of Coincidence v2



"Superstition of Coincidence"
I know now
The superstition of coincidence
can give meaning
where there was none before,
Forcing purpose to fade
     and meaning manifesting
          to takes its place,
Leaving only
     a moment
     forever yours,

So I wonder then,
the meaning to this sadness,

I sit now with this autumn chill
upon my icy cheeks
hoping to find its meaning
      but know my suffering goes unwitnessed,

I find these tears of mine
     mean nothing.

These leaves dance and sway
     for me
          creating
               nothing more
                    but my sympathetic connection
               to this dreary moment.

Only the superstition of coincidence
has pushed relevance
into this unseen moment.
Where I exist
unseen with only my own meaning.

I realize now,
Look long enough
For a reason
     and Superstition will
Find you.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: