Monday, June 27, 2022

No Destination





"No Destination"
Every day 
I disappear from the world a little more,
    sinking back and away 
    into a desolate landscape.

Nothing of worth
stretching in every way,
    My eyes gaze upon    
the barren reds and pulpy purples
that spread
across the sky 
in every direction.

I start walking 
hoping 
some sort of destination 
manifests out
from this oily suffocation of silence.

This journey 
takes me 
deeper and deeper
further away from here,
    leaving me only 
as an echo of who I was
to walk among you,
    A shell of sugar thin smiles and indifference,

The destitute feeling of feeling nothing
feels more and more
appealing 
than being bound by my senses,

I have come to love 
these barren reds and pulpy purples,
No longer hoping
for anywhere to be.
Just wanting to dissolve
into the collective energy
of nothing.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: