Monday, August 9, 2021

Somewhere Beyond





"Somewhere beyond"
Somewhere beneath these stars 
I stand a man 
looking back 
through the black 
that exists 
in between the pale specks of light 
spattered throughout the night sky. 

Somewhere beyond my comprehension
exists a lonely point of pale light 
shining its whole existence 
into my eyes 
in a flickering moment 
of irrelevance. 

And somehow
I found that moment
among other infinite moments
in the cosmos
blinking without comprehending 
this light's entire existence.

And yet, 
I also found my memories 
that adds relevance 
to this moment 
under these dim points of flickering light. 

My chest fills 
with something now,
more than just cold night air 
and my eyes let fall, 
something more than just tears. 

And somewhere beneath these stars 
I stand a man 
shining back 
his lonely point of pale light.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: