Tuesday, August 4, 2026

aspects






"aspects"
a mere moment moving 
through time with you 
is worth more 
than eternity frozen in place,

would you somehow feel 
the revelation 
of that statement?
would my words 
hold hidden 
an epiphany for you?
would there have to be 
insightful lessons learned 
for my words 
to have any kind of meaning 
even if the embellishment 
of the statement itself 
is already beyond 
what can be proven?

I know, in this moment
I can't wait 
to get to the next one 
with you 
because our experience 
lies 
inside 
the movement of time,

knowing that we only have 
a finite amount of it 
if given a choice 
I would want to experience 
all of it 
with you 
rather than 
only a single second of it, 

even as I know 
we slowly march toward 
an inevitable end,
I am a simple man 
and everything my soul 
has ever wanted 
was you,
I don't need 
the rest of reality 
to be happy,

even if 
this is all an illusion 
and the infinite vastness 
of existence 
is only really within 
my own consciousness 
and nothing else exists,
I would still 
move through 
my own delusions 
to create 
what I am feeling,
because there would be 
no contradictions 
to what was real,
it would be truth 
and truth 
would hold no quarter,
it would be 
as fluid 
as any lie,
the only difference being 
which side 
of the coin 
I am looking
and what I would want
to make a lie,
you are my reality
and life 
would be a moment frozen
without you,
even if 
you were never real.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: