Friday, July 24, 2026

everything





"everything"
What do you mean to me? 
It is something 
I've been thinking about 
for some time now. 
I knew 
from the first moment I met you 
that 
I wanted a life with you.

But that 
only implies 
what you mean to me.  
What are the words? 
What are the feelings?
I've thought about 
the physical inner workings 
of trying 
to convey such a thing.

I've written down my thoughts 
and thought about 
the electrical signals 
from my brain 
that travel down my arm 
and into my fingers 
that then create 
these extravagant strokes 
of pen on paper 
and into letters and words 
that somehow become 
a coherent system of sentences and ideas 
that against all odds 
become how I feel 
in the most rudimentary sense 
of the thing.  

How can I tell you 
what you mean to me?
And I have come 
to the most obvious conclusion 
that I cannot. 
I can only show you 
with the years I have left 
of my life 
and with every action.  

These are my words 
which are so miniscule 
compared to the years 
I am prepared to spend with you. 
You mean everything to me.  
And I don't say that lightly.
-Armando Torres

0 comments: